What: January Workshop-Fabric Covered Rope Bowl
When: January 20th 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Where: Skills and Technology Center
Sara Sunderlin, Senior Lecturer, School of Design, Arch + Art at NDSU and owner of Edna J. Designs will join us to teach a morning class ‘Fabric Covered Rope Bowls’ and present the afternoon program “A Day in the Life of an Art & Design+ student @NDSU”. Sara has taught and lectured at the guild several times and we are thrilled she is able to join us again.
The morning class will be $20 and includes rope for a coaster and bowl.
- Sewing machine that makes a zig zag stitch*
- basic sewing supplies
- open toe foot that allows for a zig zag stitch
- size 16 sewing machine needles
- sewing machine thread – recommend cream or white but can also be a color; This is just normal sewing thread that you would use for other fabric projects, but not embroidery machine thread.
- quilting cotton fabric scraps; maybe a fat quarter or two; fabric will also be supplied but if you have a particular color in mind, bring your own.
* Sewing machines must be able to make a zig zag stitch and be in good working order. No part of the class is spent on machine maintenance.
Even if you wish to pay by check, click the PayNow button and select Pay By Check from the payment options area. You will receive an invoice you can print and mail in with your payment to Fargo Moorhead Quilters, PO Box 2662, Fargo, ND 58108.