- This event has passed.
January Workshop: Back To The 80s
January 21 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$10
Hand Applique Bootcamp
Instructor: Virginia Dambach
This traditional block, first taught by QGND in the 80’s, provides an introduction and practice to assure you can manage smooth curves, perfect circles, pristine points, and bias stems not only for this block but for hundreds of other appliqué patterns. We’ll also discuss choosing backgrounds, mixing prints, and other methods to give even the simplest blocks a level of sophistication.
Supplies to bring with you:
- 17” background square, pre-washed,
- 100% cotton (pre-washed) fabrics in a variety of shades of one color for flowers,
- a selection greens for leaves,
- a scrap of fabric for the flower center.
- Bring threads to match your fabrics (the closer the thread matches, the more invisible your stitches will be),
- paper scissors,
- fabric scissors,
- marking pencil,
- one sheet fine grain sand paper.
$5.00 kit fee includes appliqué needle, full-sized traced pattern, pressing cloth, prepared templates, and printed instructions.
Pre-registration is required. Sign up here